A GARDENER'S HEART: THE DIVINE PLAY OF KAVIR MOOTOO
Industry: Sustainable Fashion/Art
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Number: 1 (868) 366-9094
Products: Upcycled clothing, Hand-painted Organic and Sweatshop-free T-shirts and Tank Tops for Women and Men, Hand-painted brooches and pendants that double as wall art, Hand-painted Fabric, Canvas Paintings, Linocut Prints on Paper
1. Using organic cotton, hemp, and bamboo clothing.
2. Upcycling clothing with art to reduce the purchase of new clothes.
3. Using clothing made by unionised workers who are paid and treated fairly.
4. Educating persons about issues pertaining to fashion and its impact on the environment.
5. Using packaging from bought goods as my labels and call cards.
6. Re-using gift bags as packaging.
7. Avoiding the use of dryers (clothing is air-dried).
8. Re-working pieces that had errors.
9. Re-using paint containers as jewellery.